Wednesday 6 June 2012

Strawberry Pavlova Recipe

Hello, 
Hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend!
Sorry I haven't blogged for a while just keep getting caught up with silly jobs.
Today I thought I would share with you a recipe for the Strawberry Pavlova I made at the weekend. I must say I was very surprised at how good it turned out being my first attempt & would definitively recommend giving it a go. 


Ingredients 
4 egg whites
250g caster sugar
1tsp cornflour
450g strawberries 
350ml double cream 
1 tsp vanilla extract
peach schnapps 
icing sugar

Firstly heat the oven to 180C. Cover a baking sheet with baking parchment and draw around a dinner plate in pen. Whisk the egg whites with electric beaters until they just form stiff and shiny peaks. Gradually add the sugar a couple of tablespoons at a time and whisk really well between each addition. When all of the sugar is used up continue whisking for 3-4 minutes or until the meringue is stiff and glossy and stands up in peaks, then whisk in the cornflour. Spoon the mixture onto the baking parchment try to build it up around the edges to leave a dip in the middle to add your cream & strawberries later. Put in the oven, turn the temperature down to 120C and cook for 1½ hours. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue inside until completely cold.

Once cool carefully peel off the baking parchment and put the pavlova on a serving dish. Now for the cream add the double cream into a mixing bowl with the vanilla extract and whip until it thickens up spoon the cream into the centre of the meringue. Chop up your strawberries and sprinkle them over the top of the cream I chose to finish my pavlova with a splash of peach schnapps drizzled over the strawberries, dust with a little icing sugar to serve.


Seen as it went down so well I have decided to make another for my sisters birthday get together this time I'am going to replace the peach schnapps with some popping candy!I will let you know how it turns out.

Hope some of you try out the recipe would love to know how they turn out if you do.

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment