Saturday 21 January 2012

YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM!

Hello
This week I have been working on an order for three drawstring bags. I thought I would share with you all the small steps I take to bring my pirate design to life!

Here are the finished drawstring bags.


I start by cutting out all the small pieces of fabric


 I use the straight foot on my sewing machine to sew down the beige coloured felt for the pirates face


Then I pin down the red gingham for his bandana and sew it down with the straight foot again


I use red felt for the knot detail on the bandana and sew around that using my freehand embroidery foot


Then go on to add his facial detail - so each pirate ends up a little bit different


And finally all that is left to do is to trim off the loose threads


Then he is ready to be cut out, mount onto grey felt and then sewn onto the drawstring bag

Hope you have enjoyed your little sneak peek behind the scenes & that you are all having a lovely weekend. If you would like to place an order for a drawstring bag you can here.

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment